Wednesday 17 July 2013

I am a muppet (trouser edition).

It must have been late at night when I drafted the trouser pattern, because when I got to sewing it up this morning I find the fly is on the outside of the leg!!!  ARGH!  No baby I know is constructed that way.  I feel such an idiot.  Am going to have to bodge a new fly at the front of the trousers, because I don't want to cut out a whole new set.

In other crochet news, I had a request to sell items made on my stegosaurus design.  I'd like to keep this pattern free for home use at the moment, so I'm trialling selling a license for commercial use.  If you're also interested in selling your handmade stegosaurus, contact me! 

I'm starting on my next crochet pattern: "hello chameleon".  I wanted to challenge myself to do something stripy and spirally, so we'll see how that goes.  I'm going to do some quick tests later to see if I can find a construction method with fewer yarn breaks, perhaps by using taller stitches or reversing the stitch direction.

Time to take pictures of my finished long-sleeved baby shirt!  I love having my sewing machine downstairs: I can get so much done, even though most of it is mending.

No comments:

Post a Comment