I graded my pattern bigger into a size 2-3 years, which is now the size that TButton prefers on his top half. Then I drafted a new shirt! This is most exciting:
I made several thrilling (to me) pattern alterations. I was having some issues with the collar points turning up, so I made two changes in this area. Firstly, I fused my interfacing to the upper collar, instead of the lower one. Secondly, I drafted a different upper-collar pattern, allowing an extra 2mm on the outside edges for the turn of cloth. I then had to ease it up as I constructed it. It works a treat!
I used a different method for drafting the collar stand, which I think I prefer. I also changed the hem to a shaped line, but it still needs a few tweaks.
I changed the aspect ratio of the pocket which is much more pleasing. Please ignore that my pattern almost matches, but not quite. I need to mark my pocket placement on the pattern itself, so that I can nail the pattern matching at cutting out time. Instead of my current method of: nah, wing it.
Unfortunately, when I was cutting my front pieces from a double-thickness of fabric, the under-layer must have twisted slightly because my pattern does not match across the centre front. It matches perfectly at the sides, though. Bummer! Don't mention it to TButton if you see him wearing it: I know he'll look embarrassed... ;-)
Finally, I found these pleasingly red buttons in my jar. Every one is slightly different, but you'd have to look pretty closely to be able to tell. A bonus effect is that some soldiers look sadly injured by the placement of the buttons. Ooops!
In other news, I drafted a t-shirt pattern but it turns out that all my old t-shirts are too small to be able to cut up for TButton. I'll have to order him some actual new fabric to test it out. I'm also nearing the end of my custard-yellow knitting, and I designed some fabric for a competition regarding whales. Look out for more posts soon!