A good thing to do when you're heavily pregnant is to make curtains. All the crawling around on the floor measuring is good to get the baby in position, and there is lots of sofa time with all the hand-stitching.
I made some new eyelet curtains for my bedroom. I have previously written about designing eyelet curtains here. Mr Button and I spent many happy hours measuring and laying out fabric as by this time I was quite big and slow to crawl around the floor on my own (thanks, Mr B!). Much thought was put in by both of us to minimise hand-stitching. I did have to hand-sew all edges of the blackout interfacing in and turn up the main fabric hem, but otherwise got away with hand-stitching only the very top corners of the lining, plus the mitred corners in the main fabric. The rest was cunningly machined by assembling the curtain in a strange order. The result is that the front looks like a clean rectangle of fabric with no visible stitching: a boring result from a lot of effort!
Mr B hammered in the metal eyelets using the cunning hole-cutter and die set. He has much better aim and arm strength than me. The tools and eyelets are from Hanolex and I can't recommend them enough. The eyelets feel and look very professional, and Mr B says the tools were easy and a lot of fun to use. The eyelets are bearing up well under the immense weight of these lined and interlined curtains. The interlining might be overkill on this fabric as the spots are woven and some are chenille.
I have yet to finish the curtains with the large pattern repeat that I previously winged about. I only finished these spotty ones a few days before the baby came, but I did have time to cut out the next pair and join the drops together. So the hard pattern-match bit is done. Good times when you need to choose between three options: cutting perpendicular to the selvedge, or with the wonky grain line or with the off-grain pattern. Nice. That's what you get for £10/m, I guess.