Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Blooper shirt finished!

Woo hoo!  It's complete!  All the pieces went together easily (even those dratted sleeves... I hate sleeves) so now you can place your bets on how long baby wears it for before he re-decorates the front.

The rest of the inside seams are serged.

Eventually I'm going to actually have to buy shirt buttons, unless Mr B wants to donate any more of his shirts to the cause.  I've got my eye on the pink, red and purple stripy one with the stain on the front...

Oooh plackets.

I didn't bother to interface the collar since baby shirts are so tiny and it's liable to be chewed anyhow.

I'm pretty pleased with how easy the construction was with a 3/8" seam allowance.  Adult commercial patterns always have 5/8", and this makes sleeve insertion much more difficult in my opinion.  Plus, I saved myself fabric with the smaller allowance and still had enough for easy overlocking.  A shirt in 1/2 meter: win!  (Although this did mean I had bits of selvedge in my seam allowances.)

Pattern available soon, I expect!

Time to go and dress someone in this...

Edit: It's still quite roomy on him!  This is despite having drafted the 6 month size, and him otherwise wearing commercial 9-12month clothes.  Amazingly he might actually still be wearing it at 6 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment