Thursday 18 July 2013

Long sleeve shirt finished


I finally got around to putting buttons on the shirt!  I've not tried it on baby yet, so no idea how that's going to go.  Look at that fabric!  Just look at it!  I've ironed it, but you just can't tell.  So disappointing.

The shirt has no back yoke, and no cuffs (as the groom as already observed: "where will he put his cufflinks?") as I'm too lazy and tight on fabric.  I don't think it's necessary as the waistcoat is fussy enough.  Talking of which:


I need to make the neck on this pattern wider, and the sleeves longer on the short-sleeved version.  Undoubtedly there will be sleeve changes on the long sleeve one too.

I don't know what's up with the colour balance on my camera, everything looks blue.  Sadly for you, this is a sewing blog not a photography exhibition, so I'm not mucking about to correct it.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment